Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Insanity




I was reading a local magazine that was touching on the fact that create people have what is referred to as a touch of madness. It was quite interesting and said how Van Gogh had been diagnosed with many "illnesses" but that he was most likely "insanely" creative! I think i experience that insanity as well, not only bcz i see everything in life in TECHNI COLOR but i have sooooo many mediums/projects/stuff that i want to do - that now i'm thinking that i'll never have enough time in 2 lifetimes to accomplish it all!!! All this before i go off to the Art and Soul Retreat to learn even more different things!! LOL. Here i've finally figured out how to photograph the chair that i worked on and get the pic into the computer (after 4 hours). My cousin is a wiz at this stuff and i wish we weren't so far apart so i could be at her door getting tutored! I bought these old chairs and then paper mache'd them with gorgeous tissue papers from France. Then i stamped on top of that, added some finishing touches and recovered the seat! i have 5 more to do - and i'm planning to do each one differently. I was going to do this to our dining set but was worried my husband wouldnt like it so i bought this one to "experiment" with! It really needs it's own spot as it kinda blends in to the room when i have it in front of the fire place. Need a bigger house, so i can "house" collections separately!!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I've been asking my Mum for ages is there insanity in the family - Now I know!!!!

MARGARET FIELD said...

Wow, the chair looks amazing close up. Loooove the colours.

And yes i agree that you do have to be mad to be artistic. lol.

PS I'm a friend of Mo's your cousin, here in the UK

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

I love the chair - yes I think lots of us suffer from a derangement of some sort - just make sure you don't cut your ear off though, that would be inconvenient! And be warned things get worse as you get older - I should know.
Another PS I'm a friend of your cousin too - (though maybe she doesn't describe me that way!) Connie.